After cut the rabi crops and before growing kharif crops, the following things should be kept in mind.
1. Instead of burning straw left after harvesting of wheat crop use it for making dry straw or plough it in the field. This helps in providing cool temperature to the upcoming crop while growing.
2. Plough and irrigate the field well before sowing any crop.
3. After tillage, planking is done to level the fields with the help of leveler or laser leveler.
4. Use advanced machinery and hybrid disease resistant seeds for sowing the field.
5. After wheat you can grow green gram, cotton, rice and green manure crops in the fields.