1. In today’s inflation-laden time, small farmers who have less land, mushroom cultivation is a good source of earning more profits for them.
2. Mushrooms are cultivated in airy rooms and it is soil less farming, there is no need of more land for mushroom cultivation.
3. In Punjab, mainly 5 mushroom varieties are cultivated and they are divided in 2 parts: Winter mushrooms and summer mushrooms.
4. In winters Button Mushrooms, Dhingri Mushrooms, Shtaki Mushrooms and in summers Milky Mushrooms and Straw Mushrooms can be cultivated.
5. A farmer can earn more profit by cultivating these mushrooms.